BID SPECIFICATION CONSIDERATIONS
Considerations for preparing your indoor plant RFP.
When choosing to go out to bid for your Indoor Plant Services there are several considerations that need to be identified prior to issuing a Request for Proposal. We have outlined several of those for your reference and are happy to be a resource if any further information is needed.
1. If you have a current service, refer to your current contract to determine if the existing plants and containers are owned or rented. If there is no contract documentation of this, contact your current service provider to determine.
2. Obtain a current inventory that includes detailed information of the size of plant material and size and color of the decorative containers. This is important to specify this information in the bid request to ensure your bids are based on the same product.
3. Specify the services being requested including the frequency of maintenance and the guarantee of the plant quality/necessary plant replacements included.
4. Identify the level of insurance the service provider will be required to carry.
5. Specify requirement of drug and alcohol policy and/or background checks on service personnel.
6. Determine the requirement of customer references to be provided.
7. Optional considerations listed are marketing material or other explanation of company’s expertise and experience.